Monday, February 24, 2014

Local sharing

I was looking for a way to copy some of my music recordings with my teacher from my office laptop to my mac and realised I really don't know any easy way to do that. Its not that I don't know of any way to do this -- I have copied lots of stuff by connecting two machines with a LAN cable years ago before internet was so widespread. But I don't know a real sleek and easy way like sharing over dropbox or gmail which we use all the time. I think we have too many apps based on the internet today. We forget that now we all have a LAN at home -- a wifi router which all our powers all our internet-elabled devices. Shouldn't we have more apps which lets us chat and share over LAN?

By the way I found this excellent lifehacker post which I eventually followed. However I'd still be happy to see something sleeker and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment